Historic Preservation on Guam is a public responsibility that is shared through education, cooperation, and advocacy all linking to Guam’s cultural heritage.
The Guam Preservation Trust will preserve and protect Guam’s historic sites, culture, and perspectives for the benefit of our people and our future.
The Guam Preservation Trust (GPT) was created as a nonprofit public corporation in 1990 by Public Law 20-151, and re-codified in 2004 by Public Law 27-89. Its mandated purposes are:
- To seek outside grants and donations;
- To acquire title to threatened Guam properties for the preservation of their historical value, whether in fee simple, by leasehold, or by easement, and whether through donation, transfer, dedication or purchase;
- To award grants for:
Historic property documentation and historic register nomination;
- Architectural and archeological history and documentation of historic structures and sites;
- Protection of historic structures and sites through stabilization, rehabilitation, reconstruction, or restoration, including lighting when appropriate on such sites being utilized for non-profit and non commercial purposes, such as private homes, schools, churches, public buildings and facilities;
- Ethnography and Oral History;
- Archival and archaeological research and investigations for locating, recording and protecting sites of historic or prehistoric interest of value;
- To support other activities directly related to increasing the public appreciation of, and benefit from historic places including public interpretation and presentation.
GUAM PRESERVATION TRUST STAFF
- Joseph E. Quinata, Chief Program Officer: email@example.com
- Ruby Santos, Administrative Service Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrew Tenorio, Program Officer: email@example.com
- Dietrix Jon Ulukoa Duhaylonsod, Program Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Larry Borja, Development Officer, email@example.com
GUAM PRESERVATION TRUST BY-LAWS
Click here to download GPT By Laws
GUAM PRESERVATION ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION
Click here to download Articles of Incorporation PDF file